This Laptop Battery plugged in not charging issue is faced by a number of users. The laptop will not start charging even when we plug the charger into it. There are a number of fixes available and different fixes work for different people. The icon which indicates that there’s charging will be indicating the same but the error will pop-ups saying the charger is switched on but the charging isn’t happening. The battery of your device will be stuck at the 0% mark even when there is a charger is working fine. Yes, there are loads of users who are in panic mode right now and that is the reason we have created this guide.
We will help you find the issue regarding this Laptop Battery plugged in not charging error.
We will troubleshoot and find if the problem is due to the Windows OS. Yes, there are instances when the battery problems are caused because of the software issues rather than the hardware issues. You must use a different Linux operating system and test if you are able to get rid of the battery error in the new Operating System. If there are still errors, you can certainly say that this problem is not with the OS and the problem is actually in your battery. Your battery has suffered damage and you should immediately replace it. If it works in another Operating System and does not work with your Windows, use the guide which we have compiled for you and you will surely be able to solve all the problems.
7 Easy Fixes for Laptop Battery plugged in not charging Issue
Nowadays, most of the people are using laptop or netbook for day to day works. So, if you are facing any issue with your laptop, you may face problems even when you are in the hurry like, your laptop is not charging, battery is plugged in and not charging, battery is plugged in not working, battery is plugged in not charging and etc.
In this post, we will find out all 7 fixes for this issue.
Fix 1: Remove the battery
This is the primary thing to do. You must unplug the battery from the laptop which you are using and you should also remove all the other externally attached peripherals. After that, press and hold the main ‘Power on/off’ button for about 15 seconds. Put the battery back in and start your laptop.
If you are still being prompted with Laptop Battery plugged-in not charging issue, move on to the next fix.
Fix 2: Uninstall the Battery Driver
- Detach all the external wires from the device which you are using. Open up the battery case and remove the battery from the laptop.
- Connect the power cord to the laptop and do make sure that your battery should be disconnected while doing this.
- Power up your laptop. In case the laptop is not powering on, there is a defect in the cord which you are using and you should replace it. If you are able to power the laptop up in a normal way, you can surely fix the problems.
- Press the Start + R key to open the Run dialog
- Type devmgmt.msc and click the Ok button
- Under the Batteries link, right click the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and click the Uninstall button
- You can also uninstall the Microsoft AC Adapter.
- After you’re done with it, click action in the devmgmt.msc and then click on Scan for Hardware Changes
- Shut down the laptop and insert the battery again.
- Power up the laptop and check if the battery is working.
Fix 3: Update Drivers
- Open the Run dialog by pressing the Start + R button
- Type devmgmt.msc in the input and press Enter
- Expand ‘Batteries’ and right click the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and use the Update Driver Software functionality
- Click on ‘Browse my Computer for Driver Software
- Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer and select next
- Use the latest driver available and click on the Next button
- After you are done with it, do that same for the Microsoft AC adapter drivers.
- Close all the dialogs once you are done applying the changes and restart the laptop
If the above method does not work and solve Laptop Battery plugged in not charging issue, hop on to the next method.
Fix 4: Clear BIOS Config
- Shut down the laptop and turn off the power. Start it back and press F2, DEL or the F12 keys depending on what will get you in the BIOS setup (varies from vendor to vendor).
- Look up the Reset option in order to load the factory defaults. It might be labelled as ‘Load the Default Configuration’, ‘Reset to Defaults’, ‘Clear BIOS settings’, ‘Load the Setup Defaults’ or something which has the same meaning but different wordings.
- Select it and press the Enter key. Your BIOS settings will now be reverted to the default ones.
- Boot the laptop and check if the issue has disappeared.
If the fix above does not work for you and solve Laptop Battery plugged in not charging issue, make sure to go on to the next step.
Fix 5: Use CCleaner and Malwarebytes Anti malware
- Download both CCleaner and Malwarebytes from their official websites. The links can be found easily by searching those terms in your desired search engine.
- Scan the computer using the Malwarebytes software first. Make sure you remove each and every malicious file in your computer using the antimalware.
- Now use CCleaner to analyze and clear all the extra stuff in your laptop. You can also clean and repair your registry files.
If the fix above does not work for you, make sure to go on to the next step.
Fix 6: Use the Power Manager for Lenovo laptops
Use this link in order to download the Power Manager, install using the setup file and restart your laptop in order for the changes to take place.
Fix 7: Repair Windows OS
This is the method which you should go for if nothing given in this guide is working for you. Using this, you can surely fix all the errors in your system and make everything run normally at optimal settings. Just use the installation media with the appropriate system build version and edition, open the file and click on download and install updates and select your personal preferences. Your laptop will restart multiple times so do not panic.
We have devised the perfect fixes for all the devices in all the versions of the Windows operating systems. This guide shall help you to solve Laptop Battery plugged-in not charging issue in no time. We hope it helps. Good luck.