The WiFi connection must have been disabled by some problem in your system and you trying to connect to the WiFi that won’t work again. An error will pop up which will say ‘Can’t Connect to this network’. People have tried to connect to the WiFi multiple times and failed miserably. This is one of the most annoying errors which the user faces in the Windows 10 Operating System.
The error generally pops up when there has been a recent update. There is a chance that the update might have led to the drivers conflict with each other. The possible cause is that one of the drivers is outdated (wireless drivers). Another possible cause is that there is an error in the network connection because of Internet Protocol issues. There is a chance that the computer is infected by some kind of malware which is causing the ‘Can’t Connect to this network’ problem because it somehow affected the network drivers or the files which are essential to the system.
We have compiled this guide in a way that you will not need to jump from one website to another because this guide already consists of all the fixes. The steps have been simplified such that an average user can easily follow them. Different machines use different configurations and that is the reason, the core problems might differ and there is no one single fix for the ‘Can’t Connect to this network’ error.
There have been instances where the users have cause irreversible damage to their systems. The damage is caused by the misconfiguration of certain files which are important to the operating system. Make sure you create a system restore point so that your system will be recoverable and you can go all out on all the fixes which are mentioned below.
4 Fixes for Can’t Connect to this network issue in Windows 10 Error
Sometimes, even if you are connected to Wi-Fi, you may still experience this problem. If you are facing this error, you can follow these quick fixes.
Fix 1: Reconnect the network
Sometimes, simply entering a password again by resetting might help you solve this error.
- Open up the network settings by using the icon on the bottom right
- Use the ‘Manage Known Networks’ button and highlight the one which you are using
- Click the Forget button (make sure you remember your password because you will need it to connect to the network again)
- Click on the network icon on the bottom right of your display again and select the network which you want to be connected to (the one you used the forget button for)
- You will need to enter the password for that network in order to connect to it again. The network password will be saved for you after this so that you do not need to worry about the connection again.
- Restart your computer and check if the Can’t Connect to this network problem is gone.
If the Can’t Connect to this network error still persists, make sure that you move on to the next fix so that you can find the root cause of this error.
Fix 2: Disable Network Adapter
- Press the Start + R key in order to open up the Run dialog
- Type ncpa.cpl and press the Enter key
- Look up the network adapter name that you are using and right click on it
- Click the option to Disable
- Wait for a minute or two, right click once more and click the option to Enable the Network Adapter
- Reboot your computer and this should be able to fix the ‘Can’t Connect to this network’ error.
If the error still persists, make sure that you move on to the next fix so that you can find the root cause of this error.
Fix 3: Use Troubleshooter
- Right click the data connection icon on the bottom right of your display screen
- Click the option which says ‘Troubleshoot Problems’
- Follow along the setup which the application guides you through
- Press the Start + W key combination and search for the term troubleshoot
- Select the option Troubleshooting that pops up in the list
- Click the label which says ‘Network and Internet’ and click on the link to the Network Adapter
- Follow along the setup (you will be prompted with instructions)
This should fix the error.
If the Can’t Connect to this network error on Windows 10 still persists, make sure that you move on to the next fix so that you can find the root cause of this error.
Also Read, FIX Wi-Fi Authentication Error on Android [UPDATED]
Fix 4: Disable Internet Protocol Version 6
Sometimes, the ‘Can’t Connect to this network’ problem is caused by a conflict in between the Internet Protocol versions. To disable ipv6:
- Search for Network and Sharing Center in the Start menu and open it up
- Open the network connection which is active on your system by double clicking the name
- A window will pop up, select the Properties button
- Disable the IPV6 by unchecking the box beside it
- Make sure the changes are applied and restart your computer
- This should fix the issue on Windows 10 and 7.
This is one of the most comprehensive guides which we have created. Make sure you follow each and every step under the fix so that you can successfully resolve the Can’t Connect to this network on Windows 10 problem and connect to the internet once again. We hope that this guide helps you out. Good luck!